fabric napkin tutorial
OKAY. I'm not really ready and I'm not really sure how I feel about this - but I'm just going to do it anyway. This is my FIRST tutorial! Ahh, so no hating -- just loving. No hating anyways, because this is just loving blog and no hating allowed blog.
So, as am becoming increasingly aware of all the waste I create, paper napkins and paper towels are a big factor in that. I LOVEEE paper towels. Love. But, how awful that love is for poor Mother Earth! Yes, you can use them to clean up messes and as napkins. So versatile! But, in an act against myself, I made some fabric napkins that are SUPER EASY and now I just want to use my napkins all the time and wish that I had made more than three.
I'm not sure if I made these directions as easy to follow as I could have, but if you have ANY questions just leave a comment or e-mail me, and I'll get back to you ASAP so everyone can have their own fabric napkins!
- fabric quarter (usually 36" x 44")
- sewing machine
- scissors (optional)
1. Choose fabric that you love! <3
2. Make sure you have all of the ingredients!
3. Fold the fabric quarter in half, with the pretty fabric facing inside & the ugly side out.
4. Sew one of the short sides and the long sides together with a simple stitch. This will leave one end open.
5. Turn the napkin inside out, so the pretty side is finally facing out.
6. On the remaining unsewn side, fold the edges in. This will create an edge for the napkin. Pin the edge down for additional assistance.
7. Sew a simple stitch down on the folded down edge.
It should look something like this after:
8. Cut all loose threads.
9. Voila! (I never knew you spelled "wa-laa" like that. I googled it by chance. It's so much prettier than I thought!)
And then you have pretty edges!
Here are the three napkins that I made! I had these fabric quarters lying around, waiting to be used. It was perfect. I have to admit that I LOVED not cutting any fabric. As, I don't have any fabric quarters left (and cute one can be expensive sometimes) I have a bunch of fabric from goodwill that I'm going to cut and will make cute picnic napkins.
Hope this makes sense and that you can use it to make some fun napkins for yourself & friends!
Have a great weekend! <3